Australia introduced a simplified student visa framework (SSVF) on July 1st 2016. Under the SSVF all visa applications by international students and education agents are processed online by creating an account on ImmiAccount (opens in a new window).

Student visa (Subclass 500)

All of the following types of study are included on this visa. For more information about student visa, visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (opens in a new window):

independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)

schools (primary and secondary)

secondary school exchange program

vocational education and training (VET)

higher education

postgraduate research

non-award courses

international students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.

Other Visa Options

For shorter periods of study, you can apply for a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa. There is also a visa option specifically for student guardians.

Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)

Maximum 3 months study.

Intention to visit Australia is genuine.

Meet health and character requirements.

Sufficient money to support yourself during stay in Australia.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 and 462)

Maximum 4 months study.

Aged 18 to 30 years and hold an eligible passport.

Principal purpose to holiday in Australia.

Enter or remain in Australia as a genuine visitor.

Meet health and character requirements.

Sufficient funds for airfares and personal support for stay in Australia.

Student Guardian (Subclass 590)

Provides for certain persons to reside with a student in Australia, where the student requires a guardian, ie: the student is under 18 years of age.

Study up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours per week for duration of visa.

Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.

Sufficient funds for airfares and living costs.

Meet health and character requirements.

Acceptable health insurance.

Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)

This visa allows eligible international students who have completed an Australian education to stay in Australia to gain work experience.

You can work in Australia for a period of 18 months and up to 4 years, depending on your qualification.

This visa does not restrict the type of work you may do or the number of hours you may work.

Applications for this visa must be made in Australia and you must hold an eligible student visa in the last 6 months.

You must meet Australian study, English proficiency, health insurance, health and character requirements.

You must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

Visa options and requirements are sometimes subject to change. In order to stay up to date, the best place to get accurate information is on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (opens in a new window) website. The website provides comprehensive information on the types of visas available for different levels of study in Australia, including people considering bring family members with them (whether guardians, partners/spouses or children). You will also have access to help and advice about your specific visa requirements. Another option is to contact an education agent, who can help with your visa application, course application, and answer any other questions.

Other Services

Australia offers scholarships for higher education to support students with tuition fees, living expenses, and sometimes travel costs, encouraging diversity and accessibility in education.


In Australia, university and college admission involves submitting an application directly to the institution, including academic transcripts and English proficiency tests.


Health insurance in Australia is crucial for residents and visitors. Medicare covers basic healthcare, but many opt for private insurance to access additional services.

Quick Information
How do I apply?

Talk with us. Tell us your preferred study destination and courses. We will then evaluate your academic history, financial status, IELTS/PTE scores and other documents. Our expert team will then recommend the most suitable pathway for you.

Why should I apply with Oasis Education?
  • We have a proven track record of successful applications in our decades long history.
  • We have an extensive network of education providers and partner institutions.
  • Our expert staffs will make sure that every single detail during the application is carefully looked after.
  • You will never get unrealistic suggestions because we believe in our results rather than words.
Can I apply with low PTE/IELTS score?

Even with lower IELTS/PTE scores, students can still pursue their dreams of studying abroad by applying to universities that offer alternative English proficiency requirements or by enrolling in language preparation programs.

Do you provide IELTS/PTE lessons?

Yes, indeed. We run daily classes for both IELTS and PTE courses and you can select which language class to enroll on. We also provide special classes for those struggling to learn the language or get good scores in the test.

How do I contact you?

To start off, you can start by selecting your preferred Oasis Education branch. The details are provided at the bottom of our website and there is also the option of clicking on the branch name to fill out a form. Once you provide your basic information, our staffs will reach out to you and arrange a one-to-one counselling session to better understand your requirements and provide suitable recommendation.

Top University courses in Australia is within your reach. Connect with us.