Overview of the ELICOS Student Visa

The ELICOS student visa subclass 570 allows international students to study English in Australia at an approved Australian English school. The ELICOS student visa is only for learning English.

The Australian Government operates an Overseas Student Program (OSP) that allows people who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents to study in Australia. Students wanting to study English in Australia on a student visa must be enrolled in a school that is a registered provider of ELICOS English language programs.

You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis.A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider which is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.

How much does an ELICOS Student Visa cost?

The current charge for an ELICOS student visa as at July 2012 is $535. This cost is reviewed in July of each year.

Can I work on an ELICOS Student Visa?

International students studying in Australia on an ELICOS student visa have the same work rights as other student visa holders. As at July 2010 ELICOS student visa holders are able to work 20 hour per week during term and unlimited hours in the semester breaks.

What is an ELICOS Student Visa assessment level?

Every country has its own assessment level which impacts on the actual type of visa and how it is processed. Part of the reason for this is to simplify visa application processing depending on the profile of the country the applicant is from. For further information about the country assessment levels download the pdf file: Australian Student Visa assessment levels pdf download

Related Links

VET courses are primarily offered by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). These can include Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and private colleges.


Australia’s higher education sector is comprised of both technical colleges and universities, offering technical, undergraduate (opens in a new window) and postgraduate (opens in a new window) qualifications

Quick Information
How do I apply?

Talk with us. Tell us your preferred study destination and courses. We will then evaluate your academic history, financial status, IELTS/PTE scores and other documents. Our expert team will then recommend the most suitable pathway for you.

Why should I apply with Oasis Education?
  • We have a proven track record of successful applications in our decades long history.
  • We have an extensive network of education providers and partner institutions.
  • Our expert staffs will make sure that every single detail during the application is carefully looked after.
  • You will never get unrealistic suggestions because we believe in our results rather than words.
Can I apply with low PTE/IELTS score?

Even with lower IELTS/PTE scores, students can still pursue their dreams of studying abroad by applying to universities that offer alternative English proficiency requirements or by enrolling in language preparation programs.

Do you provide IELTS/PTE lessons?

Yes, indeed. We run daily classes for both IELTS and PTE courses and you can select which language class to enroll on. We also provide special classes for those struggling to learn the language or get good scores in the test.

How do I contact you?

To start off, you can start by selecting your preferred Oasis Education branch. The details are provided at the bottom of our website and there is also the option of clicking on the branch name to fill out a form. Once you provide your basic information, our staffs will reach out to you and arrange a one-to-one counselling session to better understand your requirements and provide suitable recommendation.

Top University courses in Australia is within your reach. Connect with us.